IFP Project Attorneys (2)
Shelter House is currently seeking two (2) IFP Project Attorneys to provide direct representation to survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence and stalking in temporary and final injunction for protection proceedings and prosecutions of violations of injunctions; conduct extensive community outreach and develop partnerships; and fulfill all deliverables associated with the FCADV (Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence) Statewide Legal Project. Positions are based out of Fort Walton Beach and DeFuniak Springs. Limited in-state travel is required.
- Florida licensed attorney in good standing with no prior Florida Bar disciplinary proceedings that resulted in the imposition of any penalty
- JD from an accredited law school
- Two (2) years of litigation experience, preferably representing survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence and stalking in injunction for protection proceedings and other civil legal matters, or prosecuting batterers in criminal proceedings. Providing direct legal representations while a law student in a supervised law school legal clinic or internship may be included as litigation experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of the dynamics of intimate partner violence and the heightened safety risks faced by survivors seeking to leave or end the abusive relationship by filing for an injunction for protection.
- Must possess highly developed interpersonal skills, as well as critical thinking and problem solving skills, and must be able to make appropriate decisions relating to providing effective legal representations with minimal supervision.
Compensation: $45,000-$55,000 annual salary with benefits.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Shelter House is an equal opportunity employer.