What we do:
Shelter House is the state certified domestic and sexual violence center serving Okaloosa and Walton counties. Shelter House supports victims of domestic and sexual violence by providing shelter, intervention and primary prevention programs to the community through education, awareness and advocating for social change.
Shelter House is looking for a full-time Sexual Violence Services Advocate.
The Sexual Violence Services Advocate is dedicated to providing crisis intervention, support, advocacy, along with information and referral for primary and secondary survivors of sexual assault. This position is responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the Sexual Violence Services program and insuring that all data and client documentation are appropriately maintained.
Where and when you’ll work:
Shelter House’s staff, operations, hours, and location vary by function, type of work, and work style. The Sexual Violence Services Advocate will primarily work from our Main Office in Fort Walton Beach, with regular travel required within the service area.
This is a full-time position. You can expect to work regularly Monday – Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. On-call (nights/weekends/holidays) shift work for the Rape Response Team (RRT) is required.
• Highly independent and self-motivated.
• Adaptable to change in a highly stressful and fast paced environment.
• Flexible schedule.
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for working on and learning about a wide range of topics related to sexual violence and intimate partner violence.
• Able to build and sustain positive relationship with community partners.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly learn the agency’s data reporting system.
• The ability to be flexible and “go with the flow” in an ever changing and dynamic environment.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to make meaningful change and improve the lives of other through mission-driven work, at all levels of the organization.
• The most compassionate, supportive and fun-loving colleagues around!
• An investment in your well-being, and professional development through generous time off policies, dedication to proactively managing vicarious trauma, and extensive subject matter training.
Starting salary range and benefits:
$11-$13 per hour, depending on experience and skills. Total compensation package includes a generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, paid time off and eleven (11) paid holidays.
Hiring process and timeline:
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are accepting initial applications through May 31, 2019, but the opportunity will remain open until we find the best possible fit. Shelter House is a non-profit agency serving domestic and sexual violence victims and survivors in Okaloosa and Walton counties. The supportive, non-judgmental environment at Shelter House works to make every survivor feel safe, empowered and confident. Domestic and sexual violence cross all age, racial, ethnic, nation-orientation, sexual, gender preference, spiritual and socioeconomic boundaries. Shelter House is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
What we do: